View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 09:52 AM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I started my SVX today! Ran well on a bypassed heater core. Found a small PS leak which I will investigate. Hopefully just a hose loose after doing the rack. My car is still in the air on quickjacks.

Over the past 72h:
Replaced fuel hoses at the junction under the car, and at the top of the tank. All original fuel hoses on the car have now been replaced with multi-fuel hose. I had one hose that looked a little melted so this was good maintenance considering hoses were all original to the car.

Replaced the rear struts. Also original 1991 units. Both were blown. RH did not rebound at all.

More work to come. Heater core is still out at the radiator shop. I hope to take it on a test drive in a couple weeks around the neighborhood.
The area most likely to leak is around the high-pressure side hose, but if it's a small-scale leak, it might be around the low-pressure side. Have you replaced the 31260AG040 O-ring with a new one?

Anyway, the first thing to do is to check where the leak is coming from. I hope it's not a serious problem.