View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 10:18 AM

Re: Water pump replacements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSVX96 View Post
...and on the technical side...
I know that I should IDEALLY put in a new water pump when I service the timing belt...but what's the downside of keeping the current water pump (which has been working fine)?
Tks, BobSVX96.
The main reason to replace the water pump when replacing the timing belt every 100,000 km is because it cannot be replaced without removing the timing belt. The life of the pump may be a little longer. Not limited to SVX, if you don't plan to drive another 100,000 km and want to use the car just for a little more, I think you have the option of not replacing it.

Pls check the leak from water pump and check it round smoothly at least.

Or, you can replace pump after you get it. Morever, it is unlikely that the timing belt will break immediately even after a little over 100,000 km. The EG33 is not a very high-revving engine, and since it is AT, there is no possibility of excessive engine braking caused by suddenly engaging the clutch meet. I don't think EG33 need to be as nervous as the EJ20 I own (rev limit is 7800 rpm).

I skipped replacing the WP when replacing the timing belt last time on my sister's SUBARU (Engine is EN07). She has done 160,000 km with no problems though she always drives very gently.

FYI