View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 08:40 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Noriyasu, does your SVX have a security module in the dash? My dash wires were altered in some way and no module is present. The power locks/actuators also do not work, but the locks themselves do.

I'm glad your long drive also went well! The SVX is very good in poor weather, though I wouldn't drive my current one in the snow as I am also afraid of the ice melting agent's effects.
Hi, Mike

I also don't usually take my SVX out of the garage during the snow season.
Because of my mother's heart disease, I sometimes have to go to a large hospital in the big city (close to Tokyo). My mother also suffers from lower back and knee pain, and the Impreza's shock absorbers and bucket seats don't seem to be able to withstand long-distance drives due to their high vibrations.

JDM SVX does not have an immobilizer. Under standard conditions, the doors are locked when the car starts moving and reaches a certain speed. Later model SVXs have a button to cancel this and the door lock ECU has been modified. Many users don't like automatic door locks, so the previous owner may have changed the door lock ECU.

Searching by VIN, the part number for your car's key lock ECU is 57430PA250 (or PA251). For late model is 88035PA100 (or PA102). FYI