View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: ABS Issues post manual install

Installed new ABS sensor (left rear), no longer getting ABS light or code...which is good.

However, now speedo doesn't work. I am thinking it has to do with my connection to the Vehicle Speed Sensor wire into the ECU.

Sadley, the soft ineffective brakes still exist.

My buddy helping out with this project seems to think it's electrical and related either the ABS or hydraulic pump.

However, I think the issue may due to a faulty brake booster and the angle of the pedal assembly MY2017 sti pedal assembly.

The pedal assembly angles were all wrong but we made it work through extensive modifications, while still using the stock gas pedal. As other's have mentioned, I now know why they don't use the newer model assembly's. The brake pedal rests at least an inch down (closer to the firewall) than the gas pedal. The alignment is very unnatural, and dangerous frankly.

My thoughts are that given the angle we may have modified (shorten) the brake booster push rod more than what others have. Due to the angle and shorten push rod, perhaps there isn't enough travel to actuate the booster throughout it's normal span of operation?

There may still be hope in salvaging the current pedal assembly, but just in case will a MY2002 WRX pedal assembly be a better fit for our cars? What brake booster would be best to match it up with? The MY2002 WRX's brake booster vacuum line point up, whereas our (SVX) booster projects out.