View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 09:58 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Long ramble ahead:

I've been forced into starting to truly bring my SVX back to life, way earlier than I expected (or wanted to). From looking at this forum I can tell that this car used to be pristine and had a great owner and it has been treated horribly the past half decade. I bought the car for $800 back in March 2020 with my stimulus after my Volvo [s]""snapped a crankshaft""[/s] got it running, and managed to daily it for half a year despite it having no business being on the road. It has been sitting ever since. The good news is the house I have been renovating for a year has a garage that no longer has a collapsed roof and is usable for the first time in decades.

[spoiler title=Volvo stuff no one cares about:]My beloved Volvo is getting murdered from deferred maintenance; footwell flooding (dreaded sunroof drain) has slowly fried computer modules in the car and I missed Christmas a few states away due to the TCM frying the same day that water got into my front passenger door panel, froze, and caused the window to jump the track and shatter. A hack mechanic butchered the undercarriage with a forklift last year causing all sorts of exhaust issues[/spoiler]

The even more goodly gooder news is that I have access to parts from a 93' Touring Edition out of nowhere. I grabbed interior door panels, the ABS pump, headlights, a ton of trim and anything I could put my hands on with the hour of time I had. I figure I'll make a thread to keep track of things soon
2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Ruby Red, (188k, in limbo)

Last edited by StimulusMistake; 12-26-2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: format