View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 08:17 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Painting center caps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxnavyvet View Post
Try using a large hole needle in a syringe to do the lettering let it flow out
That's a great idea, I will probably attempt that next time. I can get plastic droppers from work, but those might be too big. I may try to find some proper metal needles on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraSVX View Post
I recall someone in the FB group mentioning a Honda color that was nearly a perfect match. But of course, I can't find that thread now...
I kinda hate Facebook but may log back on to try to find the SVX group lol. Thanks for the tip - I have been kind of eyeballing random cars on the road to see if anything jumps out as possibly being a match, but haven't gotten anything concrete yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Can't NAPA scan a paint colour and do a custom match?

Great write-up by the way.
I guess it's possible, I didn't think of that. Can't remember the last time I was in a NAPA, as there aren't many around where I am.

BUT. Maybe it's time for a more science based approach. I realized that I may be able to access a handheld color scanner through work, so my thoughts were to get ahold of it and scan one of the wheels in order to get actual legit RGB / hue values, and then send those to like Duplicolor or someone and see if they can cross-reference their catalog to something that would be close. Just an idea at this point, but I will probably check into this tomorrow and see where it goes.