View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 04:31 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Different kind of sunroof problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
How difficult is it to take out the roof liner?

My sunroof motor works but is a bit weak. I picked up one from a scrap yard but have never tackled something like removing trim and ceiling liner.
It's not a difficult job. The biggest problem I encountered was the 30 year old plastic trim clipped into the pillars. My front pieces came out mostly OK, but most of the clips sheared off of the trim covering the C pillars when I pulled it out. I'm going to have to figure something out to securely remount it. Not sure what the best course of action is on that yet.

In addition to the pillar trim, the sunroof surround, and the stuff mounted to the roof (sunroof controls, dome light, mirror, visors, coat hooks, oh sh*t handle), the headliner is held up with 3 plastic push pin type clips in the rear, and a single black plastic fastener up front. The front fastener was a pain in the ass and broke when I pulled it out, but seems pretty standard so I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding a replacement. For the rear clips, I found that it worked best to save those for last and then slide the headliner forward until they come out the back. If you pull straight down, the clips will most likely pull through the liner backing and mess it up instead of popping free from their sockets.