View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 08:14 AM

Re: Reality Check, Lazy man here(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Go ahead and fix everything while it's apart. You'll thank yourself when the PO400 is gone (hopefully gone that is).

Fix the purge if you can but it should be unrelated to the EGR.

You will find that a lot of parts on these cars are NLA.
Thanks for the opinion. I am also doing a detail cleaning with detergent and water and toothbrush while I am in there. I use a shop vac to vacuum out the muddy residue while rinsing with water from a spray bottle. Anything that is still there after that cleaning gets Q-Tip/Gasoline touch up.

I am going to unplug any available connectors and rinse contacts with electrical contact cleaner and then put a bit of dielectric grease on them before remating.

I am also CONSIDERING redoing the chromate on the fuel lines that mount on the collector to restore them back to the original yellow that has diminished over the past 23 years.

I ask about this stuff because I am in California and passing smog is a hard stop for registration here every other year (I am an odd-year smog check registrant, so, HURRAY, welcome to 2021!). It is exciting and challenging to amend things that have gone astray with the couple of old cars I have.