View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Looking for a super clean SVX

Well, time to make it official. I'm new here, but it feels like I've already read hundreds of pages of forum posts and memorized all the color names by year. Over the past two weeks I've been reaching out and connecting with some of you and these interactions have been nothing short of amazing. Big thanks to John (svxcess)! And Old Tom himself has graciously welcomed me to the family. But I don't have a SVX. :-)

My budget (I know you will ask): 8k, but it's a bit elastic

What I'm looking for (ideally): a well-maintained '96-'97, auto, with a complete service history, low (70k-ish?) miles, great paint, great interior and everything in 100% working order. Not picky about color (although I'll admit I'm not crazy about Laguna Blue or Ebony). Basically, the newer - the better.

Realistically, '92-'95s are fine if they were well taken care of and the transmission is healthy (or rebuilt). I don't care about the car being 100% original. In fact, I welcome any upgrades that make the car more reliable and improve the driving experience (except for manual transmission - sorry!). My goal is to have a car to enjoy and preserve!

I've probably seen every SVX that's been recently posted on CL, FB, BaT, cargurus, etc. Most of them either a) are not 100% functional, b) are too far away or c) were sold before I had a chance to make up my mind. Feel free to post links if you find something interesting.

If you think I'm being unrealistic, please let me know and will try to adjust my expectations (or budget) accordingly!

Current car: 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero, Midnight Black Mica, 180k miles, 5MT, mostly stock
Past car: 1995 Subaru Impreza wagon, EJ20G w/5MT, Koni Yellow inserts/STi wagon (GF) springs, swaybars, and other suspension goodies, STi seats
Future car: SVX, of course!