View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 12:42 AM

Re: Fantasy center dash mod

Small update, I started playing around with an open source software project called "Automotive Grade Linux", which is being adopted by many car manufacturers (including Subaru starting in 2021 models). I've compiled a custom SVX themed version of the demo to just play around with customizing it, and thought I'd share some screen shots. This is currently running on a Raspberry Pi with a 7" touch screen display and not installed in my car, just a teaser of what might come if I get enough time/energy.

This would be the main screen:

This would be the dashboard:

This is just the demo UI with some SVX pictures, the real SVX version would not have tire pressure and many other things would be different. I want to integrate with the car's internal systems so it can read data from the ECU and possibly other onboard computers. Hope to figure out how to control the HVAC, since eliminating the HVAC controls (they can be handled by the touch screen display) will allow me to have a bigger screen in the dash.

I want to do something custom in the dash, and not just replace the stereo. I think the stereo is placed too low down, and fiddling around down there means taking your eyes off the road. So hoping to relocate the air vents lower and put a large screen high on the dash.

Cheers!
Ian.