View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:10 PM

Re: 3.7 / 3.54 rear diff

oab_au : "I really think you would be better to spend the money to have your VTD box and torque converter overhauled by a good Auto trans rebuilder, they will use all the updated parts including the modified high clutch, all new solenoids, seals and lathe cut rings, and the lockup clutch in the converter, to have a box that is the same as the 95 model box that is virtually “bulletproof”

This is interesting information and definitely worth to think about. Let me ask few questions:

1) How much would cost all parts needed for this overhaul?

2) How many hours, it should take for mechanic to do the whole job ? I need to "be in the picture" as I agree with Trevor, that they will try to rob me for money. I already had this feeling from one specialized auto rebuilder shop I was in contact with when my problem started.

3) Regarding 95+ parts, how can I be sure, that they would use really these parts and not the older ones? Are 95+ parts the only ones available on the market? Are 95+ part numbers same as pre-95 ?

I have heard stories of people paying sums around $1500USD, only to find out, that weeks later, they had nothing fixed and the tranny can be rebuilt again. This I am trying to overcome. But if you are saying you have 180,000km since rebuild, that is definitely vital information. But J need to be vigilant.

Best regards,
Filip

Last edited by svxcess; 02-21-2019 at 09:45 AM.