View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:50 PM

Registered SVX
Re: 3.7 / 3.54 rear diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post

Sorry Filip the 6 speed does have a 3.9:1 diff ratio, I though it was the same as the 5 speed auto of the same years that has the 3.7:1 ratio, Tireiron is right.

For the cost and time the change to a Manual box would take, I really think you would be better to spend the money to have your VTD box and torque converter overhauled by a good Auto trans rebuilder, they will use all the updated parts including the modified high clutch, all new solenoids, seals and lathe cut rings, and the lockup clutch in the converter, to have a box that is the same as the 95 model box that is virtually “bulletproof”.
My 95 VTD has lead a hard life for 180,000 km, I developed the ”Quick Change” on it with many hard changes, and it is as new.
I would say that the six speed was in the main introduced as a means of meeting a market trend and not be outdone by the opposition. The SVX has a relatively wide torque range and five speeds would be a better choice on several counts and therefore Filip has no need to be concerned in this regard.

If I was spending the sort of money and time involved, I would certainly fit a manual transmission as this would transform the car from a drivers point of view. Filip has indicated that he drives for the fun of it.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!