View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 AM

Re: 3.7 / 3.54 rear diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Kia ora Filip,

Your questions appear to indicate that you may have decided to replace your transmission, rather than at first find out if your problem can be fixed without great expense.

The cost involved in replacing the transmission, when considered against the value of the car, requires careful thought. As also does the fact that the car will no longer be an original collectable example and therefore will lose market value.

Regards, Trevor.
Ahoj Trevore ,

Those are all important things to consider, indeed. I was thinking about them intensively past two months.

I could write whole letter about my thoughts, but i won't. I only ask you two questions, whose answers would help me:

...1) How many actions would remain, if solenoid C were to be OK, before you would recommend me an "expensive" solution?

...2) I suppose you have the same gearbox as me, so i would be curious, how are your experiences with it? Could you describe it as reliable?

By reliable, I also mean, you don't have that unpleasant inner feeling, that the tranny will let you down in most inconvenient times and that you don't worry about depressing the gas pedal strongly from time to time.

But please, don't imagine me as a guy, who is redlining a cold car, etc. I am trying to do my best to be gentle. But even gentlemen wanna have some fun sometimes!

Filip

Last edited by svxcess; 02-16-2019 at 02:52 PM.