View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:02 AM

Re: Every member please check in here!

I got to drive a silver 1992 SVX LS-L AWD when they first came out. I also ground the starter where it was running already when it was pulled around. It made quite an impression then. So this summer I was keeping my options open for my next vehicle since I restored a 1995 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and made $4000 on it when I sold it.

I ran across my new toy, of which the prior owner only put 4000 miles on the vehicle before the starter went out. I ran across it on Craiglist in June 2018 and on a whim I checked it out. In the glove compartment I found where the previous owner prior to this one had all major service performed at 166,000 miles. I bought it even when it was unable to be started.

Had it towed into the dealership that I have worked for since February of 2012. I’ve had our service department thoroughly go over it mechanically. Mechanically I lack replacing the muffler and having the 2 new dual tip exhaust outlets mounted. Where I manage the body shop for the dealership, I’ve made it the shop project for the body techs to get extra hours when they need it for working out the exterior body panels. In my spare time I work on modifying the interior myself. I hope to be driving it full time by this Christmas 2018.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-Nov-progress.jpg (76.1 KB, 1037 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 11-20-2018 at 12:58 PM.