View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 03:37 AM

Re: Car won't start cold without many cranks

Hello, still have not resolved this issue. Sorry in advance for my lack of technical knowledge on this. I had an issue with the plug that connects to the coolant temperature sensor and did a solder repair on it and suspected that the connection was still bad. I did a test where I turned the key over without starting the car and then I pulled the plug going to the sensor and the cooling fans would come on. Plug it back in and they go off. Does this show that the sensor is connected and likely working? When I do get it started and running the gauge in the car shows its not overheating at all. I'm not sure the fans are coming on when I am driving around. Also the idle is low and steady right from the start from a cold engine. Shouldn't it be higher until it warms up? Could I have a vacuum leak issue causing this cold start issue? One more question someone had for me does this sensor when working with the ECU control when the cooling fans come on or is there another sensor for this? Sorry for the long reply. Trying to narrow down what is causing this. Thanks for any direction on this in advance.

Mike