Thread: Radiator Needed
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 02:14 AM

Re: Radiator Needed

I have a rad, with shroud and fans for sale. It was working fine, it was just that I am OCD anal retentive about transmission temperature. I wanted something that would keep the coolant temp at no more than 88 C. Although I have a stand alone trans cooler, the PO mounted it behind the AC condenser, which I didn't feel was the right place for it. I went back to routing through the rad. I wasn't happy about that, so I ordered from AMR. I waited almost six months for the AMR replacement, so, obviously, there wasn't anything wrong with my rad, as I never added a drop during that time.

One of the differences with the AMR rad set up is that you have to splice the two fan wires together, the result is that the fans run on high all the time, as opposed to the factory set up, which will let the coolant get to 96 C before kicking on the fans, if the AC or ventilation system isn't on. So, obviously, I've cut the leads from the original rad so as to keep the plug in connectors. Other than that.. it's in decent shape. I have no idea if it's the original rad or not..

lemme know..

Last edited by Chucksta; 11-03-2018 at 02:19 AM.