View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Outgrown server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
For the most part, the issue isn't bandwidth (sometimes we spike), but the issue is the 47 gig combined database table sizes. I have not seen shared hosting for $22/year that get along with that well. The other issue is that shared hosting servers offer a mix of PHP and MySQL capabilities and and some or most have some safe modes enabled that don't work well for some of the add ons for photo uploads and such.
The $22/year deal I got was only an example. The point is that discounted deals are regularly offered if you keep an eye out for them.

What is your budget? What are you currently paying per month, and how much are you about to spend on new hardware?

There are lots of sites running vBulletin forums out there, so I'm sure there are web hosts that can handle this site without breaking the bank.

If you can post (or send me) some more specifics on what you need, I'll be happy to help look. And no, I'm not doing that to gain any commissions; just want to help this site continue.