Thread: Strut bars
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:29 AM

Re: Strut bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Nice to see that the pieces are working on your Capri.

Couple of things:

1. Check out the way the SVX's strut housings are basically built into the firewall. Subaru build the SVX like a boat. There is NO NEED for an upper strut bar.

2. If you check under the SVX, you'll see that it already has a lower rear bar. Subaru called is a "sports bar"

3. Could the SVX benefit from a lower front bar? Uncertain. I can only say that over 15 years of autocrossing SVXi with varying levels of suspension modifications, I haven't seen any evidence of flex that such a bar would address.

Cheers
Bill
Bill

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! I really need to spend some time under the car, that's for sure! The car had a Stebro exhaust when I bought it, and I took it to a muffler shop the other day to have them remove the small resonator that's right before the muffler. While the car was up on the rack, I took a quick glance at the rear suspension, and thought I saw two hard points where a rear lower bar could go. But based on your comment about the "sports bar", I'm going to have to take another look. It's not a daily driver, stays covered in the garage, only comes out on dry, sunny days, gets driven maybe one or two days a week. So if the car doesn't really NEED these add'l braces, other than for bling factor, I'll put that money into the SVX maintenance fund!
Honda Accord wheels 17x7.5, 235/45s, 5mm rear wheel spacers; "3.3" and "AWD" badges on front fenders; AMR radiator/fans; lowering springs, s/s brake lines, drilled rotors; Stebro exhaust with quad tips, mid-muffler removed; tinted windows.