View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:52 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Alternator question

Okay, so Dr. Kuo and I looked at the SVX after getting it back form AWD Tuning and we think the reason it keeps dying is that the alternator isn't spinning enough to keep it charged. It seems with this smaller pulley (9psi pulley for the supercharger) that unless the car is at 2000 rpms it puts a drain on the battery instead of charging it.

I got my alternator rebuilt from Maniac Motors and got the high output version but i think that just increases the AMPs but not the voltage amount so my question is does anyone one know if it is possible to adjust the amount of voltage at a specific rotation for the alternator? I assume Manaic could do that by using a different regulator but I wasn't sure.

Any thoughts?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.