View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: i also bought a "Skyline"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
little bit of both. hang on to yours - no more after this year. still enjoying yours, i assume.
I'm still thrilled like a kid on Christmas morning with mine. Serious performance while being completely livable as a daily driver. I'm officially the dad with the coolest car at my son's middle school.

I plan to hold onto mine for at least another 4-5 years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
drives great, handles great. tranny works and feels different than the Evo (obviously). "Sport" mode is nothing like the "Sport" mode in the Evo, let alone the ridiculously fun "Super Sport" mode. works good, though - rev matches on downshifts and is smooth.

~18-20mpg, depending how i'm driving. mostly all city. 20 gallon tank is nice - seemed like the Evo always needed filling up.

main gripe is the Bose "Studio On Wheels" system, but i tweaked the iPod EQ and added a powered sub in a sealed enclosure, so that helps. i'll replace the Bose amp and speakers if i ever get bored someday, but its ok for now.

added a stainless axle-back exhaust - nice deeper sound without being too obnoxious. probably gained 60lbs in weight savings - stock rear muffler is huge and heavy!
I've never driven an Evo MR, but I'm not surprised the G37 sport mode cannot match the shifts on the MR.

There's no replacement for the deep growl of a nice axle-back exhaust system! It really improves the "sensory experience" of the daily commute. Which one did you get?

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)