View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Hater

Re: i also bought a "Skyline"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd View Post
Wow - I know Evo X's hold their value really well, but that's crazy (or you got it at a steal 4 years ago).
little bit of both. hang on to yours - no more after this year. still enjoying yours, i assume.

Quote:
So what are your daily driver impressions of the G37 now that you've owned it for over 1 month? What kind of gas mileage are you averaging?
drives great, handles great. tranny works and feels different than the Evo (obviously). "Sport" mode is nothing like the "Sport" mode in the Evo, let alone the ridiculously fun "Super Sport" mode. works good, though - rev matches on downshifts and is smooth.

~18-20mpg, depending how i'm driving. mostly all city. 20 gallon tank is nice - seemed like the Evo always needed filling up.

main gripe is the Bose "Studio On Wheels" system, but i tweaked the iPod EQ and added a powered sub in a sealed enclosure, so that helps. i'll replace the Bose amp and speakers if i ever get bored someday, but its ok for now.

added a stainless axle-back exhaust - nice deeper sound without being too obnoxious. probably gained 60lbs in weight savings - stock rear muffler is huge and heavy!

all detailed up:

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)