View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Hi All, new SVX owner here. New to Subarus as well.

My account finally got activated so its time to introduce myself and my new project car.

I ended up an SVX owner simply by chance. I had been looking for a project car for dirt cheap to restore and enjoy and maybe someday improve. I havent had a car I could get deeply interested in since my long gone first car, a Nissan 240sx. I was getting the bug to get my hands dirty with something that would be fun once i got it running. I had a few different makes/models in mind as I knew looking for a specific car would take ages.

Like many I had never heard of this strange and wonderful car, and while searching through craigslist and other classifieds for a project car, I found a posting from someone up in Yakima, WA. He listed a handful of cars in the ad all for $500 obo each, among them an XT6 and SVX.

At $500 and a Subaru model I hadn't heard of, my interest was piqued. So I looked up SVX and discovered a very interesting car with a very interesting history. I decided I needed to go have a look at this thing in person.

So I call the guy and agree to have a look at it. He said the engine ran but the transmission was bad and needed to be replaced, and the car was in rough shape looks wise. Drove up on a thursday after work and found pretty much exactly what he described. surrounding his house was basically a car graveyard. Lots of cars in bad shape that he was either slowly fixing back up or using for parts. Front and center was a bordeaux 94 LSi. After seeing how rough the paint was, the various dents, years of debri collected and deeply embedded everywhere, and quite the dirty engine bay, I knew it was going to be a heck of a project and offered him $350. He accepted and I returned that saturday with a Uhaul trailer to claim my prize.

And there it is on its way home with me. (yeah i know, wheel is backwards)

My plan is to make this thing look and run good again. I've learned a lot about the SVX since this purchase (back in July) and am glad to be returning another one to the roads.

I have acquired a replacement 4.44 4eat and matching rear diff. to get it rolling again, and have been fixing various other odds and ends and cleaning it up while getting ready to do the transplant.

So yeah... looking forward to driving this thing!