View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 AM

Re: Smoke from engine compartment. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
I read your story, I understand completely, I got lucky and my svx was in good condition, the trans did have some problems/issues which I did not get sorted out in time and eventually it did fail, but I got 5 years out of it and had always planned on manual swapping, the rest of the car I put money into upgrades not too much into maintenance, though now I really need to do some lol
Very nice! I eventually want to get some minor upgrades, but there's something nice about leaving cars like these mostly stock in my opinion. First it needs mechanical repairs, then it needs the body damage repaired. Which again, I may opt to do with my dad. I'll post a pic of the big gash in its side. It was hit by a snow truck I assume.
We sanded out the rust. And spraypainted over the open metal to prevent more rust. It look horrible. This doesn't look great, but it's much better than before. I'm going to eventually rent the tools necessary to redo the sides. Anyone have any objections to using Lucas oil stop Leak to help with my gasket leak issues. Not as a permanent fix but something to buy me some time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14387861075621249263407.jpg (456.0 KB, 108 views)