View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Salutations everyone,
I'm blath posting from Bothell, Washington state. I talk a lot but I'll try to keep it simple. In December 2012 whilst under the impression of helping deliver a car to an owner I was gifted a 1995 SVX L. It took a bit to realize what was happening, at first I thought they, mechanics, were letting me drive the vehicle to the owner. Usually I drive or am a passenger in a support car/car that will take the mechanic back. And it took a few verbal exchanges of they: "this is your car" / me: "Oh okay, where is the paper work and where do I take it" / they: "Home, it's your car" / me: "address?" / they: "No it's your car" / Me: "um owner address please?"

Before they stopped the conversation circle and said that the car belongs to me. Admittedly I'm not that quick on the uptake at times, and it took some time for that info to sink in. Apparently friends had gotten together and rebuilt an engine / fixed up a totaled SVX ( it has WA State sticker from WA State Patrol indicated it's a totaled /salvage car ) and tadaa 'Merry Christmas'. D: oh and I'll also post in the 95 SVX to add to the registration info.

My SVX is named "Devon" after the UK county of Devon. I took it to Vancouver, BC in 2013 and rubbed a hotel concrete support in a narrow underground parking lot the wrong way.. I kind of liked the scratches and till I recently painted them over.. most people never parked near my driver's side. tee hee hee. But alas it had gotten on my friend's nerve.. though I had kept it at bay for a long time due to their ribbing of me only driving the car 25 miles a month most of the time..(yeah I make Grandmothers on Sunday go into roadrage when I'm rollin) but once I started driving a little bit more.. I painted the scratches over.

Anyhoo I've been on the Facebook version of this site, I had tried to get on here earlier but had arrived during a major spam attack so I wasn't offended when my attempts failed often. The other site has been nice and polite, and now well it's mostly Facebook. I'm usually there giving moral support ' welcoming other SVX members to the sleeve-lock regulator club ' to showing how it's okay not to be perfect by pointing out that my driver's side front wheel rim is backwards. (I notice a few other SVX's are like that.. makes one wonder..)

And that is that. I enjoy driving when I can, which isn't much lately. Sometimes I play Ingress ( a free smartphone-gps based game ) ( green team due to my local friends being on the green team) but most of the time.. I'm logging/tracking my miles ( because fuel tank indicator of DOOM!!), balancing enjoying the outside air but worrying when ever I roll down my window (sleeve lock one time popped out after being fixed.. scarring me with fright till I could get to it) that I'll never get it back up..so I save my rolling down time when I'm headed home.. and practicing my polite smile and chuckle laced response of "oh no..it's not a Probe". But I haven't had to and have since taking possession of the SVX been reminded to be humble when I encounter people saying how awesome the SVX is and how they've been a big fan of them and how they at times dreamed of owning one. :/ ( I feel bad when I forget to say thank you due to being in a hurry but I still try to nod a polite smile )

Safe travels and thanks for reading all. - blath