View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Does Royal Purple smell like burning rubber when its bad?

I am certain this is going to come across as a stupid question but i'm in unfamiliar territory here.

Lately I've had an awful 'burned rubber' smell coming from my car. I can smell it both inside the car and outside and when I go home it makes the entire garage smell like it.

I just had the AC filled up and I found that the AC belt wasn't tight so it was slipping and I thought that was where the smell emanated from. I tightened the belt (this was a month or two back) but i'm still getting that smell when i drive the car.

Yesterday I was looking all over for what it could be and decided to check the oil level of my supercharger (Lysolm twin screw) and it was about half full and when I took the filler screw out the burned rubber smell got worse.

It is filled with Royal purple so is it possible that is what is burning? I can't seem to find anything else that might be causing it.

Any thoughts?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.