View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks to SVXfiles' customers....

Those of you who know me know that I rarely post here anymore (no time) but when I do, it's because I feel the need to express myself. This is one of those times.

First off, I would genuinely like to thank those of you who have formed a working relationship as well as a friendship with Tom (aka OT aka svxfiles). I would especially like to thank those who have tried to help him out in the past, including those who have pre-paid for future services to help him get through this difficult period. Getting injured when you are self-employed is a nightmare, and injuring your HAND when you are a mechanic is worse. I know the reason you guys have done this is because, knowing Tom, you have no doubts that he will honor his commitment to each and every one of you.

That being said, a couple of incidents happened recently that have disturbed me to the point that I need to say something. Those involved will know who they are:

One recent customer (I won't say how recent nor mention any names), after agreeing to Tom's EXTREMELY cut-rate price for service ($100.00 per day vs. the already-reasonable $50.00 an hour) received 4 or 5 (I can't quite remember) full days' service, room & board (as he stayed at Tom's house instead of dropping off the car or gettting a room nearby) a number of free parts, and at least one replacement part under warranty a year after installation (try that at your local garage) and then offered him $200.00 TOTAL - half now and half later. And this was after he showed up a full day late for his appointment, preventing Tom from starting on any other projects that would tie up the lift and/or garage.

The second I just discovered today when I went into the medicine cabinet at Tom's house (which used to also be MY house) to give Tom the left over pain pills that were prescribed for me when I had my wisdom teeth out and found THE EMPTY BOTTLE!!!! Tom didn't even know I had them, so naturally it wasn't him that took them. This bottle was full when I was there the day after the Reading meet.

Talk about kicking a guy when he's down.....

Some days I can't for the life of me understand why Tom insists on doing this for a living, but he loves the car and is damn good at what he does. It's a shame that a couple of low-lifes think it's okay to rip off a guy who would give anybody the shirt off his back.

I am not writing this to evoke sympathy for Tom, just to let you know that they are among us - those who have no respect or decency - and I have become a little more jaded today. And to let those involved in these incidents know it is NOT alright, and Karma is a b!tch.

/end rant/

Di

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint