View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Keeping my eyes open

I would think you could put a JDM SVX transmission and and late model turbo 4 cylinder into an SVX pretty easily.

You could use any # of old legacy ECUs, probably with minimal re-pinning of the SVX harness. Phil's memory adapter won't fit most of them but I have all the legacy ECUs and could look through them to tell you exactly which ones will and won't work with his adapter. Mine will fit in all of them but the ROM I use requires a much more expensive programmer to write it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Thanks for the support guys but I am not looking to pick anything up for at least 6 months or so. And I can assure you if and when I do get one progress will be very slow on the projects. I am going to be remodeling our master bath, guest bath, powder room, and a full kitchen in our house in the next few years so you better believe honey will squash large amounts of cash infusion into a 20 year old car.

My budget on the car is really going to depend on what I am buying. For a rust free rolling chassis I would spend up to $2k or so depending on shipping arrangements.

For a full running car I would be willing to spend quite a bit more, it really depends on what is offered/on the table at the time.

I have also had second thoughts about putting another 6cyl into it. It doesn't make sense in all reality. The car is prone to under steer even with a rear bias due to the weight in front of the front axle. I would think a built 2.5 making roughly 400bhp would be a better target. Ah, what it is to dream... Who knows, if Suby is gonna make what people are calling the new SVX I may not buy an old one after all

Tom