View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Keeping my eyes open

Thanks for the support guys but I am not looking to pick anything up for at least 6 months or so. And I can assure you if and when I do get one progress will be very slow on the projects. I am going to be remodeling our master bath, guest bath, powder room, and a full kitchen in our house in the next few years so you better believe honey will squash large amounts of cash infusion into a 20 year old car.

My budget on the car is really going to depend on what I am buying. For a rust free rolling chassis I would spend up to $2k or so depending on shipping arrangements.

For a full running car I would be willing to spend quite a bit more, it really depends on what is offered/on the table at the time.

I have also had second thoughts about putting another 6cyl into it. It doesn't make sense in all reality. The car is prone to under steer even with a rear bias due to the weight in front of the front axle. I would think a built 2.5 making roughly 400bhp would be a better target. Ah, what it is to dream... Who knows, if Suby is gonna make what people are calling the new SVX I may not buy an old one after all

Tom