View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
Marisa, any progress on your build?

We got 8" more snow. How I do miss San Antonio .

Tapani
My update feels like no update.

No snow here.. just been cold, windy, and rainy. Of course, as soon as my vacation is over, it is an awesome 64°... so I can admire the day while stuck in a lab. No worries, it will be cold and rainy again by Friday and through the weekend. :/

We've just been trying to get the Hydra to start with the stock engine. I had Hydra upgrade the Nemesis to 2.7 version (for included support and easier programming interface) and add a pin to control the iris valve. With the upgrade, they put a new base map on the unit so I was hoping it would be plug and play.

It's been an interesting issue. I can connect the stock ECU and stock engine starts/idles/drives. Disconnect the stock ECU and then connect the Hydra Nemesis and the engine tries to start but just can't.

Matt has been talking/getting guidance from Phil at Element Tuning. Phil has been a great support and wealth of knowledge. (side note: a 2.6 map will not import & update into version 2.7, the information has to be manually copied over)
This no-start issue has simply left everyone scratching their head as to why it's not just working. While the nemesis fires the spark plugs differently (i.e. does batch firing), I'm not sure what else could be so different that the car won't start. We did get the car to start with version 2.6 by adjusting Kirill's map and 2.6 also does batch firing. So ... The best advice we can get is that we need to go through the normal troubleshooting of seeing what's not getting triggered/applied properly (spark, fuel, or air). So I've just been waiting for a less rainy day to systematically troubleshoot the issue (because the SVX is outside and i don't like to be cold).

Once I get this issue resolved, I'll point out my installation flaws and be sure to share my base map to help others (it will just be for a stock vehicle so it shouldn't upset anyone, hopefully ).

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 01-06-2015 at 04:32 PM.