View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
Re: Power Antenna Woes

Well I finally found time to work on this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
The connector for the antenna motor has three wires:
  • Black = ground
  • White = +12V constant (from fuse #22)
  • Black/Green = control from radio
The latter gets +12V to raise the antenna, or open-circuit to let it retract.
I checked the pins on the motor connector - it's getting the 12v signal from the radio. It's NOT getting the 12v constant power.

I searched for this "fuse 22", but the fuses aren't labeled by number anywhere on the car. I found a table in the owners manual that lists "Fuse Panel Cavity Number 22" as a 25A "Left-hand electric cooling fan". I found a 25A fuse under the hood named "LH Cooling Fan" - it looks good but I replaced it anyway. No change, the antenna still doesn't see 12v constant.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this circuit? Are there any connectors that are suspect to failure? Any common places for this circuit to fail?

On a side note, my airbag light has started to stay on while driving now. It's not all the time, but more common when it's hot/humid outside. My hazards quit working completely, and sometimes my turn signals don't work. The turn signals can always be restored by hitting the hazard switch on and then off again. That combined with my previously unresolved random honking issues makes me think there's a bigger wiring gremlin at play here.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6