View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Registered SVX
Re: "Easy mod" to get a little more fresh engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
Thanks for answere.

And dam the 6speed are big. But i really miss that extra gear when i driving on the higway. I have a 3000rpm when i have 100 km/h
You must calculate the total gearing in top gear for both trannies. This will define your revs at 100km/h road speed. There are several different final gearings for the 5 speed - this depends on which car donated the transmission. I bet there are a few different gearings for the fifth speed too. There are several subaru gear ratio charts online - find them and compare. Get the transmission code from yours (sticker close to the starter) and investigate .

One of these charts can be found here: http://rallispec.com/tech.html

Click the "Subaru Manual Transmission ID Chart". You will find the gearings and id codes for most Subaru manual trannies.

The Nissan 300ZX MAF is calibrated for a much higher air flow than the SVX one. This is utilized in the Stage 2 chip from Ecutune, which also needs bigger injectors. This is the setup I run in my low pressure turbo application. I chose this path mainly for the ease of applying the whole thing. I trust I might get some benefit from an open engine management system with extensive tuning. I may go this route if/when I find the time .

Please remember you will basically not get any benefit from these unless you can pump more than 250 hp worth of air thru your engine - which is, in practice - just an air pump.

Tapani

Last edited by Tapani; 07-18-2014 at 08:06 AM.