View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 09:28 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: 4eat be made to handle more?

I'll try to touch up on all the points you guys brought up

-So you're telling me that a shift kit on a stock 4eat will make it handle 320wtq on a +3600lb car? I've heard good things about them but that seems like an awful lot of torque and weight for just a shift kit to make much of a difference!

-break a 5mt? I have been told by 2 friends with bugeyes that they both broke theirs, after a short while, one with 280w and one with 300w. One broke his 2nd gear, yes broke the actual gear, and the 2nd hasn't disassembled it yet. If that happens with less power, in a lighter car, I doubt it'll take the SVX much time to break it. Yes, both those guys are idiot drivers who deserve Hondas but I'd rather baby a 4eat than baby a 5mt.

-Regarding the valve body, I have no idea, that's why I was asking you guys.

-Yes, standalone sensor. Cooler mounted between the AC condenser and the radiator. I'll probably take out the AC at that point, so even more flow.
I believe it was a 9000gvwr, and people said it's too big for the SVX but I don't live ina cold area.

-I think someone used some tool from subie and it said it's between 70/30 and 50/50 but the chattering clutch is not one to handle that much power. So it's somewhat common for people to weld the clutch pack and take out the front axles! Easier to slip the tires, less stress on tranny!

-I don't want an auto, never enjoyed it and never will. The SVX is my weekend car, I commute on a motorcycle so it needs a manual.

Thanks for the help, Chuck...I'm used to getting shut down for my "insane" ideas!
-Regasketed Engine @140k
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, with 255/35/18's @140k
-BC racing Coilovers (From STI's) @142k