View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Subaru Parts Guy

Registered SVX
Re: 5mt writeup... Finally done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcimos View Post
Hey guys, I know its taboo to piggy back on someone else thread, but I really need some help. If you have a Legacy 5mt complete swap and you want to go to a WRX swap, what do you need to replace in the Legacy swap? And when i said Legacy complete swap I mean including the rear 4.44 LSD rear diff.
Which 5MT Legacy transmission uses a 4.44 fd? US Legacys had 4.11. Is it a turbo GTB transmission from overseas?

If it's a turbo transmission than you're using a hydraulic pull clutch, which is the same set up as the 02-05 WRX transmission. 06+ went to push style slave cylinder.

If it's a US Legacy non turbo transmission, it's a push style (same as 06+ WRX). I think you'll need to change out the clutch. Definitely the slave and fork.. I think.

You'll need to match the transmission final drive to the rear end. You may need the axles from the WRX. You can reuse your pedals (assuming you're going from hydraulic to hydraulic), driveshaft should be the same, mounts are the same. Shifter should be the same but if it's different you should be able to make something work.

What else..

Dunno if this is what you're looking for. You can PM me if you have questions. And stick around, someone should chime in with more knowledge.

1994 Legacy GT
2001 Forester
2002 Impreza WRX
2005 Impreza WRX STI

Need parts?

Last edited by Subachouli; 04-08-2014 at 08:45 PM.