View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:43 PM

Re: SVX can't climb hills

So the last 24 hours have been pretty weird.

I was on my way home when she started to cough. No problem. I just shut it off for a while and went on my way. Except this time, it only went 100 feet and choked again. Waiting wasn't helping, and it got to the point where it would start for a few seconds and die. It then would crank with no sign of fire.

I towed it to a nearby family member and we worked on it today. We drilled some holes in the pipes right before each cat. We got it to start, and it sounded good until it went to idle down. It lowered the revs and eventually died. When I tried to start it again, it started and died within a few seconds. Then it will crank again with no signs of fire.

If I let it sit for an hour, it'll start and do the exact same thing.

We went vacuum leak hunting and found another line broken. This one is on the front of the intake's underside on the passenger side, behind the PS pump. So that's on the fix list for when the intake comes off along with every piece of rubber around it.

I can do more diagnostics later this week, but on my diagnostic list so far is:
(Each done separately)
1: Disconnect temp sensor from ECU
2: Disconnect O2 sensors
3: Find a better deity to pray to.

Any more ideas? We have two weeks before I want to take her home for spring break, so failure is not a (very convenient) option.

Thanks guys,

Randy

92 SVX project/daily -112,000 miles (Sold)
91 Legacy Battlewagon -242,000 miles (RIP old girl)