View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Marisa,

Outstanding documentation! Will you be fabricating brackets to hold the turbos? Any porting to the heads and intake/stacks prior to painting?

Cheers,
Bill
Thanks Bill!
I'm sending my intake manifold to GrimmSpeed to get it PnP (Thanks to Matt's autocross GS sponsorship winnings, it's not costing much out of pocket). The only down side is that they have a 5 week lead time - and was hoping to have this done by Reading. The intake manifold is all sorts of squirrelly inside but the intake stacks look okay to me so I'll leave them alone. I plan on getting the exhaust manifolds PnP sometime later. I'm currently spending money on new hoses and bolts - which seem like a small cost but altogether added up to over $500 even with discounts. I said "I'll order any hose that looks like a L or S from Subaru" which apparently applies to every hose under the intake!
I've also been spending time searching through storage bins because I've hidden away new parts over the years which I can use now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
Cleanest engine I've ever seen O_O
Thanks Jonathan! It took me a long time to clean all the sections and misc parts.
My garage floor is littered with cleaners, paint, and parts.. It looks like several SVXs blew up in there..

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram