View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Hater

Re: Finally bought one of my dream cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd View Post
It's a 2013 with 4,300 miles. I really wanted one in cosmic blue, and was going to buy one new in this color, but this lightly used gem popped up at Carmax in Cali in the color I wanted - so I had it transferred.

Nice car. What year and model did you go with?
2008 MR, bought it almost 3 years ago with 7400 miles on it. LOVE IT! just have a Cobb Stage 1 and Cobb SF intake - nothing too extreme, its my daily driver.

only advice i can think of right now is:

-check the fuel pump (and 1 or two) other relays. you may be good with a 2013, but i'm not sure when Mitsu updated them to the recommended ones, but the old ones can fail (in cold weather?) and cause some grief/damage... search for the correct (black) ones and check yours. i believe some 2013's did need to be changed.

- ziptie the fuel pressure regulator hose so it doesn't come off

- the ACD Hydraulic pump ($$$) can fail due to corrosion if you drive on salted roads. hit it with some plastidip or anti corrosive type spray (located near rear passenger wheel)..

- get some mudflaps or you'll sandblast the paint on the wide wheel arches

- your on your own with the 5-speed - i think there is a recall for something, not sure what years affected.

i think you're going to love it! the acceleration can still scare the crap out of me sometimes.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)