View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: insurance for historic vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I think Hagerty specifies that it must be garaged when not in use.
All insurance companies like this have this requirement. Fully-enclosed, lockable at the very minimum.

Leland-West wanted $222.00/year for an agreed-upon value of $11,500. To get this coverage, there were a lot of restrictions, documentation and hoops to jump through. If it were that easy, more would do it.

UPDATE: January 2015. Agreed value was increased to $15,000 for $241.00 a year. Mileage limit is less than 3,000 yearly. no commute or errands

Any eligible drivers must have at least 9 years driving experience and a good driving record.

No at-fault accidents, violations, felony arrests, etc. for the past 5 years.

Each licensed driver in your household must have a separate, properly-insured, acceptable car available for their exclusive, regular daily use. If both drivers in the househild are retired, each person does NOT have to have a separate vehicle; a shared vehicle is acceptable.

All drivers in the household must be reported on the policy.

The vehicle is used on a limited pleasure-only basis. It cannot be a daily driver and cannot used for commuting, store errands or similar normal daily-use activities.

When not in use or at home, vehicle must be kept in a fully-enclosed and locked garage, accessible only to you or members of your immediate household.

The garage must have security system, alarm monitoring or a CCTV camera installation. Also a smoke detector and fire extinguisher are required.

As a special interest/ collector car vehicle, it cannot be modified to deviate from original equipment standards or equipment offered while in production. (If you installed a 5-speed manual, it would not be eligible for coverage). Different wheels, struts or upgrades that do not affect the cosmetics of the car are acceptable

Limited to driving less than 3000 miles a year.

Believe it or not, in my case, the only time the SVX would not be covered is while at Reading overnight. The meet is fine during the day. All overnight parking has to be within a secure enclosed garage or controlled-access covered parking. Reading is just a regular, open parking lot that anyone can go into.

Would be covered at my house, while on day trips to meets and shows or just pleasure driving, or to automotive shops for repair or maintenance. If left overnight, all shops must meet the enclosed garage standards as outlined above.

Require documentation of all maintenance, upgrades and restoration done. They also want multiple photos of the car from every angle so they could see the condition. Also photos of the garage and location with respect to the house.

A detailed appraisal from an independent approved collector car appraiser may be required to support agreed upon value as reasonable.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 01-13-2015 at 06:43 PM.