View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: JDM driveline swap

As a follow up: I'm still enjoying the jdm driveline. It's a nice set up. I like the 3.7 gear ratio and the vtd. I also like not having egr.

I now have ECUtune firmware in the TCU as well. As I mentioned when covering my going through the transmision, I left the valve body stock in this one so I could use it to work on line pressure maps. I've been doing that.

to summarize:
1)with stock TCUs I like the JDM transmision better than the US. If you have a bad transmission by all means find yourself a JDM TCU and get yourself a JDM transmission.

2)The shift maps in the ECUtune version of JDM firmware really made a nice difference. I had ported the shift maps from the US ECUtune firmware over to the JDM firmware and been told by customers that they were very happy with the results but now I'm driving on them myself. I'm very happy with the results. I don't think you can install the ECUtune version of JDM firmware into a US TCU and haven't tried but it may be possible you can install it into a European TCU. The supply of JDM TCUs seems to be annoying locked up thus far by someone less than sharing; however, there are a good handfull of European SVX owners who may be able to get us EU TCUs.

3)I've made further modifications to line pressure maps which only I and a handfull of people around the globe have been trialing. Things are going well and improvements are very nice. They aren't really specific to the JDM driveline though so I will cover them in more detail elsewhere.