View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Advice Needed - Living in America

I am in Jacksonville Florida, I did not recommend it because I dont own my house, nor a business so I don't know the property tax problems, I can tell you though its a great place to live, the cost of living is reasonable its along the coast and so a little bit more moderate in temperature and the humidity is livable, though A/C is very preferred in the house. I get in the car though and windows down is fine.
The "winter" months, Jan and Feb the over night temps can be as low as the 20's but daytime highs will usually exceed 55F July and aug seem to have the most humidity. Temps in the 90'sF And if you move into Jacksonville the Southside is the more desired location. Avoid the Northside that is where you hear about shootings/robberies and other crimes.
Crimes happen everywhere but the closer to the beach the more affluent and less crime.
I have lived in this subdivision since sept 2011 and I have left my car unlocked, my house unlocked and bikes sitting in the driveway and never had any problems.

This is a map image of my neighborhood

Last edited by 92 SVX; 12-30-2013 at 12:23 PM.