View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Advice Needed - Living in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Danny, I think this would be a very good thing for you and your family to do. I can only imaginable how awful it must be to live in such a turbulent part of the world, and it all seems so senseless. I feel very safe in America, there are good people here. (and the SVX are cheap!) I think you would be welcome wherever you went. If you want to avoid winters, I would recommend the Atlanta area or Florida.

That being said, I have never been to Australia but it looks like it great place too.
Sean, thanks for the additional info. Well, I sometimes watch "Investigation Discovery" and I can see the horror of some murders that happen in the US. To be quite honest, such crimes are also never seen over here. At the same time I know that some of the cities are to be avoided, like Cleveland, Queens, New Jersey, etc...

Anyways, now we have 3 cities to aim for. I thought to ask you guys since you know all the details better than I do. We are looking to purchase property but at the same time not be eaten by taxes and whatnot. I thought Florida was expensive. But I will do my research for Jacksonville, so as Houston and Atlanta. Any further info about those three would be highly appreciated.

Do you guys recommend that I talk to an immigration lawyer who knows the rules of these cities or the immigration is the same for all states/country?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.