View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Advice Needed - Living in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Good luck with which ever you chose, I think (and this is based on nothing but personal reading and conversations) Texas may be good for many if not all your requirements. I believe Texas is business friendly the wages buy more and if you pick which city to live you will have great weather and safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I am sorry to hear it has come to this Danny. I cannot imagine how you can replace your homeland. There is a rich history of Lebanese Christians in the U.S.A. I am sure you have done your Google searches. Actually, Jacksonville, Florida and Houston, Texas are two of the newest cities with a growing Lebanese population. I am sure this is partly because of lower property costs, favorable taxation and weather. Southern California has been a traditional location because of similar weather and terrain. Bottom line, look where you will find great support by fellow Lebanese to make the transition comfortable for your family.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.
Gene
Yes, unfortunately danger is around the corner. Those retarded extremists were originally Muslim Sunnis who interpreted the words of their prophet in a wrong way. I dunno if you guys ever saw the Video of that "so called REBEL" in Syria cutting open the chest of a Syrian soldier, remove his heart and eat it. This kind of behavior is never seen before, even by the 15 century standards. They are killing all people, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Animals, Plants, Concrete.... lol. If you g-oogle their do's and don't, you will be really surprised how retarded they are. (i.e: Pregnant women cannot go to doctors, her mother only should help her give birth, men cannot wear short trousers, etc...). This is not how WE as Christians live. We are very peaceful, rarely you hear a murder within the Christian community (like once a year).

The only good thing that came out from those extremists is that they united all religions in Lebanon against that enemy. Religious discrimination is at its lowest now, we are all longing for peace, especially after a specific 16 year old young boy who was killed 2 days ago in the last bombing. He was Muslim Sunni, going to play Basketball with his friends. They took a picture of themselves like 3 minutes before the explosion, in that picture you can see the rigged Honda. Then another picture with him on the ground, hurt in the head and waist. It was heartbreaking

Gene, I never knew that people live mainly over there according to roots. But it is nice to know that there exist two specific cities with Lebanese concentration. We sure do not really care about that as much as the points I noted above. But thank you for the info.

Now we need an immigration lawyer to discuss with him the details of our move, after we do the initial recon visit to the cities in question. Any recommendations?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.