View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:08 AM

Re: Every member please check in here!

Hi I'm Jewels,

I found my baby '92 Teal SVX LS_L Touring @ 92K miles In Dec 2009 She had a tranz rebuilt twice, yet I felt a bump when backing up so I insisted on an extended warranty. Turns out its my rear end sagging ...On The Car!

They had 90 days to turn me down and didn't. At 120 days the tranz went out, The warranty company cancelled me suddenly without cause, I had my lawyer write a letter pointing out the fine print and a fabulous mechanic who went to bat for me. The warranty covered 4K of the $5000 tranz.

I got her back headed to an island nearby for some R/R blew out the tranz.... limped her a crossed on the ferry where I could meet a tow truck to take her back to the shop. The shop never found a smoking gun just rebuilt it again. Since then no tranz issues.

I joined this board when I had several issues that baffled me in 2012. I no longer had the warranty or funds for a mechanic. Turns out it was a 25 dollar temp sensor that had me stumped for months!

I usually come on here when I have issues I haven't solved on my own, My son would like to have an SVX as well He fell in love with mine, took his drivers test on it and has chauffeured me for a year to learn how to 'Really' drive.

Currently my car has been sitting for 3 months, people keep telling me it's time to buy a new car, so I did ! I bought a POS Toyota Camery until I can figure out the electrical issue I am having, then the camery will be a spare the kids can drive around.

The people who keep saying I need a new car just don't know:
how in love with it that I am
how devoted to it I am
And that I NEVER intend on getting rid of her.

BTW I rarely use the words always and never, I choose my words carefully to speak truth.

Here is me diving my baby off the showroom floor, ain't we pretty together!