View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 AM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Expect to sell my first SVX tomorrow to someone flying in to see it. So today I vacuumed it and have assembled the service history documentation. A total of 13 years when I include docs from the previous owner. It appears that I'm the second owner in NZ. It was imported used from Japan (like most SVXs in NZ) with just under 100,000km on the odo.
Now showing about 162,000km so averaging perhaps 5000km per year.

Both myself and the previous owner paid mechanics to work on the car. Interesting to note that most of the repair invoices are 2 or 3 pages. Almost none are a single page.

Sad to see it go, it's the lowest milage of all my cars, has the best service history and is certainly feels much tighter than my daily driver SVX which is certainly showing all of it's 365,000km.

But as I drive 30,000km per year for work on an assortment of crappy NZ roads I really want the extra safety of ABS & airbags which the car being sold lacks.

So if you see Lachlan from Christchurch show up on the forum, please give him a warm welcome. And while I'm in the mood, welcome Daniel. You've got a nice car there and I'm sure you'll spare no expense restoring it to it's original condition.

Shane