View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 PM
<<<Alcyone

Re: Front End Shake Puzzle

I had something similar happen on my Exploder in the past. I'd be driving along and the steering wheel would rip out of my hands, jerking back and forth . . . not fun at freeway speeds on curvy roads!

I had done some front end work replacing tie-rod ends, ball joints, etc. What had happened in my case was that I had moved the steering rack back and forth several times during the work with the engine off and got some air into the system. The fix was to sit in place (in gravel or loose soil is the best) with the engine running and slowly turn from full lock to full lock and back a few times to get the air worked out.

Good luck, I hope it's a free fix like it was for me!

Pentiums - Melt in your PC, not in your hand!

Project - '92 Claret - Purchased May '06, 99,XXX Miles. Includes two bad engines and one bad tranny, cracked windshield, otherwise mostly complete.

His - '92 Ebony Pearl - Purchased Dec '05, 134,687 Miles. Parked, TC Seal(?) is leaking.Daily driver - 140,500 and climbing.
Hers - '92 Teal - Purchased Aug '05, 129,050 Miles. Daily driver - 160,000 and climbing.
Mods:
PWR Radiator!
Problems:
Antenna doesn't work - Bought a 'new' one - Too cold to install . . . OK, it's warmer but I have other projects too!
Ticking from front of engine, passenger side - Stuck lifter?