View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 PM
dances with roads

Registered SVX
Re: A retrospective look at life:Post-SVX.

Ditch the Accord and pick up a Honda Fit. Same reliability, better gas mileage, surprisingly large and very flexible carrying capacity, and the car is a hoot to drive. Slap summer tires and a Beatrush underpanel on it and the car becomes an exit ramp carver extraordinaire.

I just sold my SVX. Character is one thing the car had in spades. But I have an early (2005) STi, which also has a lot of character, so I'm covered there. What I miss, and have begun to search for, is a true GT; something fast enough, with good enough handling, but also capable of delivering us safely, comfortably and happily to the other end of a long day's drive. It needs to hold no more than two people, but it needs to hold their luggage too. I was thinking Boxster or 911, I hear they're surprisingly reliable - also expensive when something does go wrong. I also dallied with the idea of a 1990's BMW 8 Series coupe; very pretty to look at, but I don't know if I want to go that far back in time again.

It sounds to me like what you really need is a GT car yourself. It'll take care of that SVX jones and get you through those long drives in style. Plus no chance of auguring in to the Atlantic Ocean.
2012 Tacoma 4wd v6 Access Cab
2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
2005 STi - totaled after 10 great years
1994 SVX LSi 5spd - sold but not forgotten
2000 Legacy GT 5spd sedan - gone after 150K miles of bliss