View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Re: A retrospective look at life:Post-SVX.

I went the opposite direction. I started modifying my SVX. (JDM STi 6-speed, ECUTune Stage III supercharge kit, ect.) The car became less daily driver friendly. I started out getting a Nissan Sentra Spec-V. It was a fun car to Auto-X and great on gas. The SVX started only coming out every other weekend or so.

Then the New Camaros acme out in 2009 as a 2010 model. I was looking for a daily that was more cofortable and in line with my tastes. I got a nice large bonus from my work. In December of 2009, I bought myself a new Camaro SS. It may be a heavy car, but there just isn't anythig as fun and smooth as 425 factory horse power. It was easier to drive then the SVX, had great looks, and was faster then the SVX. And believe it or not, if I can keep my foot out of the fun pedal, It can get 21MPG, but regardless, here in sunny San Diego, My motorcycle is my economy commuter. I ride it nearly everyday.

After the poor SVX sat an entire year in the garage without moving, I decided it was time to let someone that would appreciate and use her more then myself. I sold her for about 1/3 what I had invested in her.
Now I have my SS, a K5 Blazer, a Yamaha Motorcycle, and a 2001 Full Size Chevy conversion van. SS adverages 19mpg, K5 gets 10mpg, motorcycle get 50mpg, and van gets 15mpg.