View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Transfer Duty Solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Entry View Post
My Subaru dealer does not have part #SU31942AA051.

Instead, their listing of the "Transfer Valve Assembly" is SU31942AA061.

I'm posting this just in case it is helpful for anyone else that is searching for the part, and offer a few more details below.

After looking through all my usual online resources I had zero luck finding this part online.

My local dealer (I live in Calgary) told me that their listing does not specify which solenoid is A, B, C, etc.

After looking at this diagram, he believed the part to be the "Transfer Valve Assembly", which was reassuring since it is the same description as below from Hunter Subaru.

The parts dealer supplied me with this diagram of the tail assembly, and said the part in question is 31942, which does look like the Duty Solenoid C.

I then found this complimentary diagram in the Factory Service Manual, which confirms that it is indeed the Duty Solenoid C.
This thread is in the "Down under Euro" section, because the gear box that we have is different to the one in your US model car. The US car only used the SU31942AA061 part in all models. The Aust, Euro, had two different year models. The No. for the Aust 92 to 94 model is SU31942AA051. the 95 to 97, No. is SU31942AA061

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.