View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 AM

Re: Restoration Opinions Needed

These are some great points, everyone! Definitely given me some things to think about (and some good reasons to go ahead with the body work).
In fairness, the $10k number was given as a number to expect if everything broke on the way off (trim, weatherseals, etc) and it is coming from one of the better body shops in town. They also gave me the phone number to their "budget" guy who will supposedly do a great job with paint that will last but doesn't offer the lifetime warranty of their shop.
Currently, what I think I'll be doing is getting bits and pieces of the body taken care of one at a time to try and spread out the cost.
To those who suggested a low-miles car: personally, I think I have one. With only 96k on the clock I think it's doing pretty good for 17 years old. The interior is dirty but otherwise in good shape. On top of that, the powertrain is in great shape. Once I finally got the top end of the motor resealed and a 4.44 swap completed, it runs like a dream! She just doesn't have a perdy shell like some other examples on here.