View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 AM

Thumbs down Re: SVX Rally Car - For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Have no idea were this theory of longer wheel base cars are harder to turn comes from.
It's not a theory - it's factual. The longer you go the harder to turn by basic physics. Same with ski's, snowboards etc etc etc.

Quote:
If it had any degree of supporting truth then most of the fastest cars in the world would have wheel bases simlar to a WRX or STI. Other then the fact that clever guys like your self can modify them to bring in some impressive number I would have to say as a off the shelf fasts car the STI's don't make the grade any more. Subaru has let every one else get on top of them. Hell what major races has Subaru STI or WRX won in recent times.
Tony you gotta stop hating the STI. It's runs rings about the SVX - that's how it is, drive one for a week without bias and hate and you'd agree - the newer they get the better they get. I've driven all without bias. Anyway I didn't say the STI was the best car in the world (as it's not), I compared SVX to 3RB to STI as you keep claiming nothing else compares to the 20 year old SVX which I think is rather incorrect.

STI was second at 24 hour in class at Nur the other week for interest sake.

Wheelbase ratio information - no point being long if you're not wide and not point being wide if you're not long enough:
Lambo: 1.59
Baz STI: 1.61
Zonda 1.64
11 Lotus 1.64
22B: 1.67
07 STI: 1.69
02 WRX / STI: 1.70 (WRC winner)
07 WRX: 1.70
GC8 WRX / STI: 1.72 (WRC winner)
SVX 1.75
RS Liberty: 1.77

There's not much point comparing a Le Man's car... when was the last time you saw one driving down the street haha. They're highly aero cars and the thing with aero is the longer they are they more stable they are - which is why F1's are longer these days are KNOWN for taking low speed corners (sub 160 kph) very poorly.