View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:25 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: Got some money, want some power+stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reberto View Post
I think we are all more than sick & tired of people trying to turn the SVX into what most people expect out of a Mark 4 Supra or Gen 3 RX7. It's nothing like them, with a non-existent aftermarket scene. It will never have the parts or tuning options that those cars do, nor will it make as much power as either of them while remaining reliable and daily-drivable.

Stop trying to make a hotrod SVX, it's never gonna happen. Save that car for someone who appreciates it. Like I said, buy an Impreza/Legacy/Outback and do an STI swap on it. Much more common, much larger tuning scene, much more power options (400+HP is a walk in the park).
What are you talking about?! 400hp is not something you expect out of a Supra or an RX7! 120hp/l is a light tune for either of those! Just because you are too much of a wuss to try it doesn't mean nobody else should! I wanna tune MY SVX to 400hp, have fun with it for 20k miles, ****ing the engine up, then get another one and do the same! How does it affect your life? Just help me out an enjoy someone else achieving what you can't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
My comment/meme was borderline mean and offensive. In all seriousness, there have been quite a few enthusiasts with some pretty hefty goals to make the SVX into something very fast and unique. Upwards of 15-20k have been spent getting it to break past the 13 second 1/4 mile mark doing the labor and tuning themselves. 400 HP would not be slow, if you could get build the engine to sustain the amount of power reliably.

A motorcycle will probably always be one of the fastest things on wheels.
As far as I've seen on this forum for 2 years, most people have goals of keeping it reliable and daily driveable! I don't have that goal! So far, I've driven it for less than 5k miles, and it will be the same story after the tune!
So you know, even if it takes a lot to get it to reliably support 400, it shouldn't if you only expect 20k, with no serious racing involved!

I know a motorcycle is faster, the goal is to make the SVX faster than a freaking stock miata!
-Regasketed Engine @140k
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, with 255/35/18's @140k
-BC racing Coilovers (From STI's) @142k